If you are wondering whether it is important to submit your website to Bing Search Engine, here are some statistics:
1) According to the latest comscore report, Bing overtook Yahoo as the second largest search engine in Jan 2012 with 15.1% market share
2) According to Compete’s Jan 2012 report, Bing’s growth in US markets has been steady with the growth rate reaching 16.3%
Although the growth of Bing has been at the expense of other partner sites like Yahoo, ranking for searches from Bing is crucial in the long run.
Steps to submit website in Bing Search Engine
2) If you have a windows live id, use that id for submitting your website. It is advised to use a separate id for your personal and website account
3) Once you have signed up and verified your account, you will be taken to https://ssl.bing.com/webmaster?r=”uniqueWebmasterId”
4) Enter your company Details and communication preference
5) Add your website
6) Once you have added your website, verify the ownership by
a) Placing an XML file on your web server
b) Copy and pasting a tag in your default webpage
c) Adding CNAME record to DNS
7) Once you have verified your website with one of the above three methods, you will see the latest stats in your Bing Webmaster tool
8) You can set daily, weekly and monthly notification for website crawl errors.
If you want expert help with Submitting your website to Bing Webmaster Tool, contact us or you can call us at: India (Ph): +91 9497189032, UK (Ph): +44 (0)20-3371-9976 or US (Ph): +1 650-491-0004
ByteFive provides Internet Marketing Services(Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Develop processes and best practices for Internet Marketing, Manage and Analyze Web Analytics packages, Perform Landing page Optimization, Manage E-Mail Newsletter, Perform Competitor Research, Content Creation and Marketing) and Training to help you achieve your revenue and business goals.