Unlike Social Media and Search, Stumble upon serves content based on your preference and interest, and as the word “Stumble” suggests, the service is for users who are interested in discovering content according to their interest. The concept by itself leads to visits that have low engagement, and high bounce rate. But that does not mean that the service is of little use in spreading the brand name across the network. For Businesses starting out or looking to broaden their readership, stumble upon can introduce the brand to new readers.
According to Stumbleupon.com, only 5% of the content served to users are paid, and therefore it is important that you target the right audience. As on July 2013, there are two plans - Standard and Add-On.
Standard Plan: $0.10 per User
Add On: $ 0.15 per User
The Add On plan allows marketers to serve content based on a broad set of parameters:
• Precise Interest
• Engaged Visitors
Click “Create a New Campaign” from the Paid Discovery Dashboard
1) Enter the URL of your page, and give an identifiable Campaign Name. If you have a pre-defined template, select it from the Template drop down. Otherwise, click Next Step
2) Move the Slider, and select the lower and upper limit Age Group for the Campaign, select the Gender, or Both.
3) On Clicking Next Step, you are taken to Location Targeting screen. You can target by all location, Country, State, and City. Unfortunately, for brands that are interested in targeting States in other countries, the options are limited. The States available are limited to US and Canada. Select your target market, and click Next Step.
4) Depending upon how you have optimized the website, select the target devices accordingly.
5) With Add-On plan, marketers will be able to target Using the Precise Targeting Option.
6) In Precise Targeting, search and include all niche categories available in Stumble Upon. Use the Categories Menu, and select appropriate sub-category
7) Keep the recommended Budget and Set the Daily Budget
8 ) Select Manual Scheduling, set a start date, and end date. Give an appropriate name for this template and click Submit.
9) The StumbleUpon team will review the Campaign and approve it.
Pros - StumbleUpon Paid Discovery Campaign Set Up
1) Cost Per Visit is much lower than Google or Facebook Ads for the same category
2) Easy to Set up
Cons - StumbleUpon Paid Discovery Campaign Set Up
1) In Location Targeting, the States available are limited to US and Canada.
2) There is no option to select multiple cities, states, or Countries for Targeting. The default any location is the only available option.
3) Lack of Niche Categories
If you want expert help in setting up your first StumbleUpon.com paid campaign, contact us or you can call us at: India (Ph): +91 9497189032, UK (Ph): +44 (0)20-3371-9976 or US (Ph): +1 650-491-0004
ByteFive provides Internet Marketing Services (Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Develop processes and best practices for Internet Marketing, Manage and Analyze Web Analytics packages, Perform Landing page Optimization, Manage E-Mail Newsletter, Perform Competitor Research, Create & market Content, and provide customized training to help you achieve your revenue and business goals.